Mekong-ROK Essay Contest Contest
October 1, 2022 (12pm)~ November 20, 2022 (until midnight)
- Title : Mekong-ROK Essay Contest
- To inspire interest and research motivation among young people and to discover new areas of Mekong-ROK cooperation
- To discover private cooperation cases that are contributing to building neighborly relations
- Hosted by : Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ways to increase Mekong-ROK Cooperation in tackling the challenges facing the international community, such as digital transformation, supply chain diruptions, climate change, and energy and food security
- Strategies to boost cultural and tourism cooperation
- Activities that contributed to boosting Mekong-ROK relations or stories and episodes that show how close the five Mekong countries and the ROK are
- Students enrolled in universities or graduate schools or students on leave of absence, regardless of nationality
※ Students can participate as Individuals or in a team of three or less
- Anyone interested in the five Mekong countries and the ROK, regardless of nationality
Length and Languages
- Max. 15 pages or 6,000 words
- Abstract : 500 words or 1 page
- References type(bibliography) : APA format (7th edition)
- Max. 1 page or 500 words
- 1 photo is needed for each work. the size of the photo should be 1,920*1,080px (or larger)
※ The original copy of the photo should also be submitted that taken by themselves.
※ The total number of awards could change if entries failed to meet the required criteria
- Submission Period : October 1, 2022 (12:00)~ November 20, 2022 (24:00)
- Announcement : December 2022 (Specific date will be posted on the website when decided.)
- Presentation & award ceremony : Late December 2022 (The date will be notified individually.)
※ Timeline may change depending on the circumstances.
How to apply
- Submit via www.mekong-rok-essay.kr
※ certificate of enrollment(or leave of absence) is required for the academic essay applicants
※ All participants must agree to the terms and conditions of personal information collection and use, third-party copyright-related, consent to the attribution and use of works, and pledge to apply to participate in the contest.
No. of teams(reward)
No. of persons(reward)
1 (KRW 3,000,000)
1 (KRW 1,500,000)
2 (KRW 2,000,000)
2 (KRW 1,000,000)
3 (KRW 1,000,000)
3 (KRW 500,000)
※ Winners will be invited to present their essays at the award ceremony.
- For foreign residents(Grand and Second prize winners), some of the expenses for visiting Korea will be covered.
※ Award details may change depending on the circumstances.
- The submitted essay will not be returned and may be edited and published by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
※ The copyright of all submitted essays belong to the applicants.
- The essay should be the applicant’s own creation, and essays that have been submitted to other competitions, published in academic journals or paper collections, or presented as dissertations for a degree is NOT eligible for submission.
- All winners who failed to pass the plagiarism test will be asked to return their awards and prize money
- TEL. : +82-2-303-1137 (available on weekdays from 10:00 to 17:00)
- E-mail: email@example.com